Carole's Creativities

A place for sharing my 2006 art journals and related creative explorations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Castleton, VA

I am a creative type living in the hills of rural Virginia. I'm trying to transform my geek career into an art career but the two keep joining forces in a seeming conspiracy to complicate my life. Or is it just part of the Big Plan? Hmmmmm. I wonder.

January 11, 2006

Week 2: Mid-Week Art Update

Posting every day is probably not realistic if I want to get anything else done, so I'm aiming to do an update every few days but no less than weekly. The focus on art that my Daily Devotions commitment encourages is SO good! Plus, in some weird way, it's setting up a good vibe for also staying on task with my diet. At the end of this year, I can only hope not only that I've been more productive art wise, but that I'm also a leaner, fitter me!

January 8. We spent a goodly amount of time delivering a donkey we sold to his new owners and then just got busy with other stuff, so not much art happened today...but at bedtime, I did go through a stack of old Somerset Studio and other art mags, just filling my brain with "stuff." I figure if I go to sleep with some of these images and ideas swirling around in my head, they'll worm their way into my subconcious and morph into something usefully my own that can be reflected in my art.

January 9. I joined an ATC swap with the theme of Farm Animals. Since I'm still in love with this idea of pressing stamps into goop, that's what I did on my cards for this swap. This time, I mixed a little metallic gold paint with Golden's Gloss Gel Medium and scraped some onto card stock I had spritzed with water and then with Ranger Color Washes. Love those Color Washes lots. LOTS. Then I pressed a rooster stamp into the goop and let it dry. Finally, I stamped a couple of other stamps in StazOn Blazing Red. I just love how you can turn these cards in the light and the combo of metallic paint and textured image changes what you see as you do that. Here's the card I made:


The stamps I used on this ATC are from Qwikart Art Stamps.

January 10. Shot the video for the doll tutorial for Paperpourri #4...I've set up my video equipment a little differently now that I'm in a different studio space. I have the camera mounted overhead, so it shoots straight down onto the project as I work it. I'm not thrilled with this angle, so will probably re-shoot this project with the camera mounted above my left shoulder so that it's looking at the project at a bit of an angle downward. More natural perspective that way for viewers. Also, need to zoom in a little tighter on the project so people can see more detail while I work. Lots to remember and do while videotaping...even after 4 issues, I sometimes look at what I've produced and make retching sounds, it's so bad. At any rate, here's the doll I made on the first videotaping effort for this tutorial:


The doll's face is made with a cool stamp from Cardsnstamps, my Issue 4 sponsor. The arms are from a template I drew myself and which will be provided as an Art Goodie in Issue 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home