Carole's Creativities

A place for sharing my 2006 art journals and related creative explorations.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Castleton, VA

I am a creative type living in the hills of rural Virginia. I'm trying to transform my geek career into an art career but the two keep joining forces in a seeming conspiracy to complicate my life. Or is it just part of the Big Plan? Hmmmmm. I wonder.

January 18, 2006

Fusion Stenciling...Trippy and Fantabulous

For the last couple of days, I've been working out the details and creating samples for a new technique which I'll share in the "What If?" section of upcoming Issue 4 of my zine Paperpourri...I call this technique Fusion Stenciling. It involves inkjet photo paper, water media, hand-cut stencils, and fast fingers. Results are trippy, slightly out of control, and always visually interesting. Does art get any better than that?!

Here are a few samples from the dozens I've made:



Are those alien dancers?



Is that a cosmic sunflower?



Is that a lakeside monolith at sunset?

Don't you LOVE the way there seem to be images half concealed in the color and how, the longer you stare, the more you see? Besides that, the colors are fantabulous. Scanning doesn't do them justice--in real life, they are pop-your-eyeballs-out vivid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home